Page Index For Circuits
These pages are mainly intended as supplementary for students pursuing
electronics or related subjects. It is not the intention to repeat
the explanations that can readily be found in books, but to supplement them with
visual interactive illustrations of some of the concepts that students find difficult
at first encounter. Most of these illustrations are done
with java applets and pages are
best viewed with a java enabled browser.
The applets were originally written to be projected onto a screen during lecture/demonstration and have been tested with a 3GHz PC with Windows XP.
With early versions of WinXP the Java virtual machine must be
downloaded from Sun Microsystems. Later releases of WinXP and Windows Vista block
Java applets(This is the continuing saga of Microsoft trying to bring an end to Java). The following message appears: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..." . To see the applets here active content must be unblocked. The applets only interact with the screen. Some sample GIF files of the applets
AC Circuits with Passive Components
- Combining Phasors.
- RC-Circuits, Differential
- RC-Circuits, Frequency Response and Phasors.
- RC-Circuits, Transient Response.
- RC-Circuits, Parallel.
- RC-Circuits, Related Circuits.
- RC-Circuits, Multivibrator.
- RL-Circuits, Differential
- RL-Circuits, voltages and phasors.
- RL-Circuits, Transient.
- RLC-Circuits, Differential
- RLC-Circuits, Phasors and Frequency Response.
- RLC-Circuits, Transient Response.
- RLC-Circuits parallel.
- RLC-Circuits Series and Parallel Resonance.
- RLC-Circuits, Capacitively coupled circuits.
- RLC-Circuits, Inductively coupled circuits.
- RLC-Circuits, 3 and 4 coupled circuits.
- RLC-Circuits, 2, 3 and 4 coupled circuits, Phasors..
- Solution of 3 to 14 simultaneous equations for Basic AC circuits.